Empowerment though education and support
What is a Doula, you may ask?
Here are just some of the things I provide for my clients:
• One to two in-person prenatal visits to get to know each other & discuss your birth vision
• 24/7 on-call doula support for your birth beginning at 37 weeks.
. • Evidence-based, situation-relevant & non-judgmental education on interventions should the need come up during labor.
• General birth education and preparation.
• Birth planning (including creating a written birth preferences document).
• De-briefing previous births
• Massage and other comfort measures.
• Unlimited email or phone support for questions, concerns or a safe space to vent
• Optimal fetal positioning recommendations based on Spinning Babies, Miles Circuit, and other evidence based resources.
• Making suggestions to help ease discomfort and facilitate a smoother, more effective labor.
• Physical support in various positions in labor.
• Reassurance and encouragement for birthing person and partner.
• Talking through emotional blockages which may come up during pregnancy and in labor.
• Creating and protecting your birth space– aromatherapy, music, candles, lighting.
• Assisting you with the negotiation of your preferences.
• Support up to two hours after your baby is born to help facilitate bonding and breastfeeding.
• One postpartum visit within 10 days of your baby's birth to assist you with transition to parenthood, including breastfeeding and newborn care.